Business Tax Resource
Starting a new business or own a small business? Do you know what you can write-off? The IRS offers guidance that every business owner should read once.
1) Learn how to categorize your business expenses. Review IRS Schedule C
2) What is a business deduction? Am I missing any write-offs? Read IRS Publication 535
3) Auto expenses, mileage log book, entertainment, gifts and meals. Read IRS Publication 463
4) Do you operate the business out of your home. Review IRS Publication 587
5) Planning to have employees? Are you going to manage payroll in-house? Read IRS Publication 15 and Michigan Withholding Guide
IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: To the extent this writing contains advice on a federal tax issue, the advice is not intended to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code, or (ii) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed in this communication.